Create A Label
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAL: Season 1

+9
TattooedHeart
Venti
dweebz
dan
ChampionCynthia
ACT2
Jonnyy
hammer
beysus
13 posters
Go down
Breakdown
Breakdown

CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: CAL: Season 1

Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:35 pm
Billboard: Katy Perry to make Long-Awaited Comeback?
It’s been three years since pop superstar Katy Perry released her fourth studio album, Witness. Despite producing the top 5 hit Chained to The Rhythm with Skip Marley none of the albums other singles managed to land with listeners. The commercial and critical underperformance of the album left many fans and critics alike wondering if her viability as a pop star was over. It appears she’s coming to finally give us an answer to that question.

A couple hours ago on Instagram she posted a picture of herself in a Hawaiian themed set with the caption “want you to take me for a ride 🌺.” Many are taking this caption to be lyrics for a new song and the picture to possibly be from a music video. The post was also tagged with the location Hawaii so it appears to be a theme for this coming single.

Katy attended the annual Sony brunch this morning with fellow Sony artists Drake, Ava Max, and Victoria Monet. This event is commonly used for networking and announcing the companies plans and big releases for the next year.

If she does indeed drop a new song this would be her first release under the label Hide Out Records a new imprint she moved to under Sony Music Entertainment. It’s unclear when we should expect this new song but if she’s already teasing and the rumors of her announcing a July release at today’s Sony Brunch are true, we should expect some further confirmation very soon.

ACT2, beysus, despy and TattooedHeart like this post

beysus
beysus

Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:42 pm
Camila Cabello Blacks Out Social Media and Posts Cryptic Tweet
CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 Image0

What could her cryptic "the canvas isn't empty" possibly mean? When is she releasing? Is this the end of the solo Normani, before she even started?

despy and jackgrande like this post

dweebz
dweebz

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:27 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 FLORENCE-BANNERnew
BBC Radio 2 4/8
Monday, June 22, 2020
UK

Host
: Welcome back to all the listeners out there, our next guest is someone who literally taking the UK by storm. Its Florence.

FLORENCE ON HER PERFORMANCE ON THE GRAHAM NORTON SHOW
That was so fun to do. I love performing. The thrill, the anxiety, the faces, everything about it is just amazing. It’s been an amazing weekend for me coming off of that performance. I’ve gotten so many congratulations and it is one of the best feelings every truth be told.

FLORENCE ON HER COMMENT AT THE END OF THE PERFORMANCE
You know, for that, I know we are in the UK and a lot of this stuff is happening in the US but don’t be fooled, racism is happening in the UK every day. And I wanted my fans in the US and my friends in the US too, to know that I hear them and I am with them. I wish I could go to the US again soon, and I hope to, but for now, I want them to know that I am with them and will always be a supportive ally.

FLORENCE ON “ONLY IF FOR A NIGHT”
The song actually started as a dream. I had a dream about my late grandmother and her giving me some really good advice about staying humble, being myself, and just living life as a whole. It’s so weird, who would have known a ghost could have been so practical. Which is a line from the song haha.

FLORENCE ON A POSSIBLE ALBUM OR EP
You know, more music is in the works because I am constantly writing poems and music but I am not at liberty to talk about a project that big at the moment. With that being said, I don’t want to take any of this for granted and am grateful for all the opportunities I have under Messiah Records.

Host: Thank you so much Florence, for everyone listening, this is “Only If For A Night” by Florence.

CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 Footernew

despy likes this post

jackgrande
jackgrande

Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:49 pm
Shawn Makes His Chart Debut with 'MY MY MY!'

CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 Chart_12

CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 Img_5213

beysus, despy and dweebz like this post

ACT2
ACT2

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:39 am
CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 1200px-The_Voice_logo.svg

Ava Max X The Voice
MONDAY | June 22th | Paid US

On Friday, June 22nd Ava Max Performed on The Voice her new debut single "Sweet But Psycho"

the stage is dark and the camera is zoomed in on Ava, the camera moves out showing more of the stage and you can see Ava standing in the middle, a portion of the background lights up around her, showing her silhouette, she then begins to sing the intro as 3 dancers come in from the side of the stage, Ava is wearing a long black coat over a red jumpsuit with her signature Max Hair Cut, as the chorus comes in the lights start to light up syncing with the beat, while Ava dances in sync with her dancers, the bridge comes in and Ava gets on the ground and she belts out a note going into the final chorus of the song, the host then reminds everyone that Ava's debut single "Sweet But Psycho" is out everywhere
ACT2
ACT2

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:10 am
CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 Harperzbazzar2

CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 Harperzbazzar1

Ava Max For Harpers Bazaar
TUESDAY | June 23rd | Paid

Excerpt from the interview:

Two years ago, Ava Max made a mistake that ended up becoming a defining signature. She was in the middle of cutting her hair, while at the same time baking cookies when she caught a look of herself in the mirror.....

Who is Ava Max?
I am an Albanian girl who grew up in Virginia, and you know it was really awesome I had a great normal childhood and then decided to move to California at age 14 to pursue my dreams and it was my mom's idea she’s like ‘We're moving to California because there’s nothing to do in Virginia for your career. But I found the city overwhelming and a year later we went back to Virginia, I’m happy nothing happened back then, so I could actually have a normal childhood

On The Max-Cut
It was actually an accident but then I looked in the mirror and saw myself fully for the first time. I’m really inspired by pops of color but also sometimes I feel dark and moody. Depends on the day. My haircut embodies the dualities we all have and it defines me. Literally sweet, but psycho.

Ava On Sweet But Psycho
I’m really reclaiming the word psycho. The chorus mocks almost the girl. She feels psycho but she’s not. It’s like she’s been gaslighted in this situation & I think it’s okay to show all of your sides and not get judged. And in a relationship especially. For this instance, it was a girl who was misunderstood, when really she was strong and independent and outspoken. the protagonist of the song is really just too good for a guy who can’t handle her strength.

On Upcoming Album & The Future of Ava Max
I can't say much other than that it will be a ton of strong, pop anthems. I'd love to venture in acting but as of right now music is my greatest love! Acting has always been something I’ve loved too so hopefully I’ll be able to explore that passion in the future.

Ava Max's Debut Single "Sweet But Psycho" is out now

jackgrande likes this post

Jonnyy
Jonnyy

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:41 am
CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 Logo_wonderland-magazine_loremnotipsumCAL: Season 1 - Page 4 Normal_HSORG_001~13

Hailee Steinfeld for Wonderland
(United States, Free)
Tuesday, June 23

You might know Hailee Steinfeld for that casual Oscar nomination she picked up aged 14, for her role as Mattie Ross in True Grit, or maybe you spotted her in that insanely beautiful 2010 Miu Miu campaign. She also starred in the blockbuster box office smash that was Pitch Perfect 2. There are a lot of reasons you recognize Hailee Steinfeld, and yet, there is another big reason that just surfaced.

Smashing her way into the music industry, and signed by Virgin Records last year, Steinfeld released her debut single “Love Myself". It’s an anthem for a generation transfixed by social media, an antidote to the competitive world of Instagram. It’s also a really phenomenal pop song. Steinfeld’s been making music for herself for years, but this is the first time she’s released something into the world and it must have been scary, even for such a seasoned star. “Jumping into new territory and suddenly making decisions on my own as an adult has been nerve-wracking,” she tells me,“my confidence definitely wavered and it’s funny because even though the song is called ‘Love Myself ’ and I’m saying I don’t need anybody else, I’m not saying I don’t want anybody else.”

Her dedication to making things the best they can be is clear in her debut single – which is very far from being a pop song for a pop song’s sake. Maybe thanks in part to the depth and experience she’s gained from acting, plus a heavy dose of natural intuition. “Love Myself ” carries a message of self-confidence and (you guessed it) self love, which feels incredibly relevant and necessary to her generation.“We live in a time where social media is very present,” Steinfeld explains, “it’s very easy to hide behind a device and turn towards a person you don’t know in the hopes of it making you feel better, so just the idea of spreading love and being positive is needed and it’s wanted.”

"Love Myself" has broken records worldwide since it's release last week, going top 10 on official charts in the US, Europe, UK, and Latin America. The top 10 hit has also accumulated over 100 million combined streams on Flux, as well as 100,000 pure sales copies on iTunes over it's first week of availability.Which is basically unheard of from a former actor to have this much immediate success going into the music industry

Currently finishing off her debut album, Steinfeld excitement over the new project is palpable. Movie fans need not fear because it definitely doesn’t mean she’s moving away from acting (“the idea of not doing it is not even a thing”). Instead, she’s figuring out how to “find that perfect balance” and while most of us are keen to strike a good work/life balance, Steinfeld’s seems to be more like work/work. Then again, when you’re trying to mediate between your two dream jobs, it probably rarely feels like a slog..

Hailee Steinfeld's debut single "Love Myself" is available on Flux and iTunes now.

ACT2, beysus and despy like this post

dweebz
dweebz

Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:46 pm
BBC Breakfast 5/8
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
UK

Host: Hello everyone, welcome back to BBC Breakfast. Our next guess is someone we have all been talking about for a while now, her name is Florence!

FLORENCE ON WHO SHE IS
I just come from a small town in South London. I really did not think this life would be for me so last week when my first ever song was released it kind of went from zero to one hundred very fast. I am definitely not complaining because I love doing these interviews and talking about myself and performing my music, it’s really a lot of fun.

FLORENCE ON THE CHARTS
Is that not bonkers to you? I mean, it is my first ever song and it debuted numerically higher than any song in the world for that week! I mean, wow that’s something to kind of brag about, right? I am so fortunate to have people in the UK listening to my song. It really means the world to me; you have no idea. Yeah number six may seem low to some people but I was genuinely anticipating the 40s. I am really lucky and blessed for the results. Thank you to the fans so much!

FLORENCE ON WHATS NEXT
Honestly, I’m just making more and more music to hopefully get onto an EP or an album. My record label has kind of given me a rough plan on what is going to happen next and I can’t wait. It’s going to be a lot but it’ll be really fun to perform all over. In fact, I have a pretty decent gig coming up haha. I’ll be preforming on the stage of X-Factor. Literally a dream come true. So, don’t miss me on the X-Factor this coming Sunday. Yay!

CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 Flofooter2

despy likes this post

Jonnyy
Jonnyy

Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:10 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 WynPBDL

despy, jackgrande and dweebz like this post

dweebz
dweebz

Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:11 pm
Kerrang! Radio 6/8 (FREE)
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
UK

Host: Welcome back everyone, today we have someone special with us, its Florence!

FLORENCE ON HER MUSIC
My music is something that is extremely important to me. I want to always be seen as genuine and authentic. I never want people to hear my music and say “I think it’s already been done before.” That to me would be disappointing but if that was the critique I get; I would strive to please them but also keep my integrity as an artist. A lot of my music comes from poems that I write. In fact, I write a lot! They can come from what is happening around me, dreams (like “Only If For A Night”), interactions, relationships… basically, everything.

FLORENCE ON THE DREAM THAT MADE “ONLY IF FOR A NIGHT”
That dream is something so extraordinary because of who was in it. The main person in the dream was my late grandmother and myself. You see, I never met my grandmother so you can imagine how amazing this dream was to me. I got to “see” her, “hear” her, “talk” to her, I got to know her really. In the dream she’s giving me advice on really just how to carry myself in life. So, when I got to pick what song I wanted to be my debut single, I just had to make it be this song. I think it’s a great opener to my career.

FLORENCE ON OTHER MUSIC ACTS
Normani
: I’m sorry, I’m not quite sure if I know who that is. Beautiful name though.
Hailee Steinfeld: You know, she sounds familiar and I think she released a song at the same week as mine but to be quite honest with you the UK has taste and she wasn’t on top in the UK charts so… irrelevant. You can kind of tell she's an industry plant. No thank you on that rotten apple!
Shawn Mendes: What a cutie. But a major try-hard. You can tell he doesn’t care about the craft of music. He just cares about numbers and that blew up in his face.
Ava Max: Is that a dog’s name?
Victoria Monét: I do love the hip-hop music. She seems nice.
Katy Perry: After she announced her comeback, I am so excited for her. I can’t wait to hear what she has for us. I’m definitely a Kat!
Camila Cabello: I don’t associate myself with racists… Black Lives Mattuh Luv!
Rarity: She’s in the same music group as me and I feel like we are going to be good friends. After her announcement I can't wait for her music.
Dua Lipa: What an amazing lady. I feel like she has some the best pop music coming out very soon.

Last edited by dweebz on Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

despy and hammer like this post

beysus
beysus

Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:33 pm
Camila Cabello Announces Debut Single "She Loves Control"

On Tuesday afternoon, Camila Cabello took to her social media accounts to officially announce her debut single, "She Loves Control" and its Friday release date.

CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 M032QQz

"She Loves Control" will be Camila's first single as a solo artist and her first musical release since her Fifth Harmony, her former girl group, disbanded early last year.
The announcement comes after Camila blacked out her social media yesterday, and following industry rumours of her former Fifth Harmony member, Normani, rush-releasing her own debut solo single to disrupt Camila's plans.

"She Loves Control" will be out Friday, June 26th, 2020, under Atlantic Records.
Venti
Venti
Admin
https://loonycal.forumotion.com

Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:03 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 23-06-2020pbi15-gsimage
Venti
Venti
Admin

Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:29 am
CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 5277773716_9a62e51568_b
June 19 | US | Free Promo | 1st Normani Article
Spoiler:
Link Up out now

despy likes this post

Jonnyy
Jonnyy

Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:05 pm
Hailee Steinfeld performs "Love Myself" on The Chrissy B Show
(United Kingdom, Free)
Wednesday, June 24

CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 Maxresdefault

Today we have an actress turned pop star who has the perfect debut single to showcase on our mental health platform, this is Hailee Steinfeld with "Love Myself".

As the camera turns to Hailee, she is showing off a shirt that says "Mental Health is Everything" as she starts the first verse. "I want to dedicate this performance to people struggling to fit in or struggling to find yourself, as well to my best friend Normani Kordei. Love you girl!" Steinfeld is also wearing a jean skirt with diamond stilettos, seeming to be originated from Burberry UK. Afterwards, she pauses and speaks "Loving Yourself IS mental health..." and then slams into the first chorus. The transition was seamless and perfect for the theme of the song, which is loving everything you see in the mirror, whether it's a society fit or not. The most important part of the performance is when Hailee went into the live audience, and danced with members as she sung "Love Myself". The performance really lifted spirits across the studio, especially during the last chorus. Steinfeld hit the "I love me!" outro perfectly to end the song. The audience did a standing ovation, pouring in acclaim and praise for the self-loving record that is "Love Myself".

despy likes this post

dweebz
dweebz

Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:22 pm
Lorraine 7/8
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
UK

Host
: Welcome back everyone, our next guest made the top of the list in just one week, in fact, it was last week. We have seen and heard her all over the United Kingdom. She’s here now to not only chat with us at Lorraine, but to also perform her top 10 smash hit, Florence.

FLORENCE ON THE SUCCESS OF HER SONG
Wow, thank you for that introduction. The song has been doing so well, much better than I even anticipated. Truth be told, I was hoping for at the very least a top 40. I mean, I know it’s not very high but at least it was realistic. So, when I woke up Monday morning and heard that my song had debut at #6 on the United Kingdom charts, I nearly fell off of the side of my bed. I seriously could not believe it had done that well. And I know for some people numbers don’t mean anything and for me, that is true but when you have a top 10 it just makes you so so so happy!

FLORENCE ON “ONLY IF FOR A NIGHT”
The song came from a dream that I recently had, it was quite peculiar because the person in the dream is someone that I never physically met a day in my life. It was my late grandmother who had passed away before I was born. In the dream, she was telling me to concentrate and giving me a lot of useful advice that I could use in life. So, when I woke up, I obviously had to write down everything that I remembered. And surprisingly, for the first time, it was a lot that I remembered. I think this was a great choice as a debut single because it is kind of like a homecoming for me. I am starting this new career in music and I don’t know what will come my way but my grandmother’s advice of concentrating and being myself will most certainly come in hand.

FLORENCE ON THE FUTURE
Well, actually I just got green lighted to start talking about this. I will be performing at the X-Factor Sunday night this week. It is a dream come true really. I would never have thought that this would be happening to me. It is just surreal to even think that this is happening. I cannot wait for it but I am not going to lie, I am quite nervous about it.

FLORENCE PERFORMING “ONLY IF FOR A NIGHT”
As the music starts, and the band is behind her, Florence’s chin is up as she starts singing the first verse. With her eyes closed her head rolls in a complete circle. When the pre-chorus hits, her eyes immediately open and she raises both of her hands in a quite static way. When the chorus begins, she snatches the mic from the stand and jets to the right side of the stage. She makes eye contact with an audience member who is singing the song with her word for word. When the second verse comes back, things are a bit calmer as she is saving up energy for a second chorus. By the end of the song, she is on her knees with her head racing up. The audience applauds her with a standing ovation.

Host: Thank you so much Florence, and don’t forget to buy and stream Florence’s smash hit single, “Only If For A Night” on iTunes and Flux.

despy likes this post

Venti
Venti
Admin

Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:22 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 5e7b5d50bee47a8a2b396059?ops=gravity(%22center%22),contain(740,416),quality(65)
June 20 | US | Paid Promo | 2nd Normani Article
Interview:
Link Up out now

despy likes this post

jackgrande
jackgrande

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:50 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 1200px11

Shawn Performance + Interview Live with Kelly & Ryan (US)
June 24th, 2020
Paid (Tier 3)

Hosts: Performing an acoustic version of his debut single ‘MY MY MY!’, please welcome to the show for the first time Shawn Mendes!

The audience goes silent, Shawn is sat on a stool with a guitar, wearing his signature black and white outfit, he pauses for a moment before singing. He begins to play a slowed stripped back version of the song, letting his voice take centre stage. He belts during the final chorus.

*audience cheering*

Hosts: Wow what a great performance! Amazing vocals and of course amazing song.

Shawn: Thankyou! A pleasure performing for you guys.

Hosts: Now that song is called ‘MY MY MY!’ and it’s out everywhere right?

Shawn: Yeah you can get it on iTunes and of course listen on Flux!

Hosts: I hear its been racking up a lot of streams, we’re not surprised! There’s an army of fans outside the studio here who’ve been waiting all morning to catch a glimpse of you, it must feel great right?

Shawn: I’m so grateful for all the support, it’s nice having the fans follow me round everywhere haha. It calms my nerves weirdly.

Hosts: Well you definitely don’t have anything to be nervous about, that voice is amazing! We see you play guitar too, how long have you been doing this for?

Shawn: Well I’ve been performing since my teens, but singing all my life. I never really had voice lessons until recently, it just came naturally I guess. I taught myself guitar through YouTube videos after I got one as a Christmas gift one year and picked it up pretty quickly, I play a bit of piano too!

Hosts: So much talent! We would love to have you back again when your album comes out.

Shawn: I would love to! Thank you for having me.

despy likes this post

jackgrande
jackgrande

Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:34 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 Img_5310

despy likes this post

jackgrande
jackgrande

Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:51 pm
CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 27-27710

Today Show Interview | Pre-recorded (US)
June 25th, 2020
Free

Host: Last week we were lucky enough to have up and coming artist Shawn Mendes perform his new single ‘MY MY MY!’ as part of our Summer Concert Series for us, but I was also able to sit down with him backstage for an in depth talk about his life and career so far. Here’s the interview.

Excerpt from the interview:

*Clips of Shawn rehearsing and warming up are shown with MY MY MY! playing in the background*

Host: For those who don’t know you, give us an introduction to Shawn Mendes.

Shawn: So I come from Ontario Canada, and I sing and write pop music
. That's all there is to me really *laughs*

Host: You've racked up an impressive 5 million Instagram followers as well as millions of views on YouTube, and have since then been signed to Republic Records. But I understand this wasn’t overnight success?

Shawn: It looks like it’s all blown up pretty quickly, but I’ve been working on this for a long time. I’ve been singing since I was a baby and writing since high school. Before I started uploading videos online I was performing at every event I could find, contacting label executives to give me a chance. I’m very lucky to be here but the truth is I still have a long way to go!

Host: So lets talk ‘MY MY MY!’. Me and my fellow hosts can not get it out of our heads after hearing it in rehearsals, I think the phrase ‘my my my’ is about to be used a whole lot more this summer! How did the track come about?

Shawn: I’ve always liked the phrase ‘my my my’, I just find it kind of endearing so I always wanted to try and use it in a song. Especially on a big pop song like this. I proposed to some ideas to my writing friend James and before we knew it we had the track.

~

Shawn's Debut Single MY MY MY! Is Out Now

despy likes this post

dweebz
dweebz

Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:32 am
The Jeremy Kyle Show 8/8
Thursday, June 25, 2020
UK

Host
: Our next guest is someone everyone in the United Kingdom has been talking about. Here to chat with us, its Florence!

FLORENCE ON HER MUSIC
Hello Jeremy, this is so weird. I would come back home from school and watch my favorite celebrities on her with you and wish that one day I would be just like them. I mean, I know I will never amount to be like some of them but being here is just a wow moment. As for my music, a lot of it starts as poetry that I write in my book. Then I pick the ones that I want to make into songs. Some of them are good as poems and some of them can be songs and can enhance the emotion in the poem. I write just about every day. I have my journal and whenever something worth writing about happens something comes into my head and I just start writing. Sometimes it’s a word, sometimes it a line, maybe a verse or a chorus but it is all poetry at the start.

FLORENCE ON THE DREAM
Haha, yeah, for my first single “Only If For A Night” it came from a dream that I had. And I say that this dream is very impactful because it has my grandmother in it. To backtrack, I had never met my grandmother physically. You see she had passed away before I was even born. She unfortunately took her life. So in the dream she is there and I am probably around the age of 10 or 12. In the dream she is giving me advice on how to live essentially. She is telling me to concentrate and believe in myself. The thing that is so incredible about the dream is that it was so vivid to me when I woke up. So you can imagine, the first thing I did when I woke up was grab my journal and started writing everything that I remembered.

FLORENCE ON WHATS NEXT
So, I have an amazing opportunity coming up very soon. I’ll be performing my song, “Only If For A Night” on the X-Factor on Sunday, this weekend, and I can’t wait for it. It’s something that I have always dreamed about so yeah, Im very excited about that!

FLORENCE PERFORMING “ONLY IF FOR A NIGHT”
As the music begins, Florence is in the middle of the stage. Her band is behind her. Florence is wearing a beige flowy dress that is a bit see through. When the music starts, she starts singing the first verse slowly. Slower than usual. By the time the pre-chorus of “Only If For A Night” comes the band and the backup singers come together for a loud strong chorus. By the next verse, Florence floats to one side of the stage and as the song continues, she is slowly making her way to the other side of the stage. At the end of the song, Florence is back where she began. The host then meets Florence in the middle of the stage and reminds everyone to watch Florence in X-Factor on Sunday as well as to buy and stream her debut single “Only If For A Night”

despy likes this post

Venti
Venti
Admin

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:17 am
CAL: Season 1 - Page 4 The_Kelly_Clarkson_Show_logo_2019
June 22 | US | Free Promo | 3rd Normani Article

Performance:
Link Up out now