Create A Label
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
beysus
beysus

Billboard Empty Billboard

Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:58 pm
Billboard Irtrl7y

Industry’s leader in music, charts, news, and more!
calbooking
calbooking

Billboard Empty Re: Billboard

Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:04 pm
CHART-BEAT

Billie Eilish's 'heather' & Keke Palmer's 'I Don't Belong To You' Battling for No.1 on Hot 100 Next Week; Representatives Of Artists Engage In War

By Gary Trust
2/6/21

Billboard Tu5dPzN

Trouble brewing in Universal Music Group?

The Hot 100 (dated 2/8/2021) will have an extremely close battle between Atlantic's Billie Eilish's 'heather' and Virgin's Keke Palmer's 'I Don't Belong To You' given latest data from Soundscan.

From the week of January 29, Eilish's 'heather' skyrocketed to No.1 on iTunes with over 122,000 sold. Although Palmer's 'I Don't Belong To You" only matched with 78,000, a remix (feat. Lil Baby) and accompanying music video assisted Palmer's efforts to the top spot with 64,000 sold separately, meaning 'Belong' actually pushed 142,000 copies for the week.

The battle isn't that close on Flux however, with 'heather' having nearly a 24 million audio+video advantage on 'Belong'.

Jonny Braun, the CEO of Virgin Records, recently accused Flux and Atlantic Records of fraudulent activity regarding these streaming numbers, and will potentially bring a lawsuit to the floor if the Hot 100 posted isn't in their favor. "Caitlyn- oh I mean Kris Jenner, should be severely scared." (according to email messages between Braun and Billboard execs). Even Kris Jenner, Eilish's manager, was seen blasting in Virgin Records offices with a .45 pistol asking "where the HELL is that burnt faggot Jonny Braun located",  after the Lil Baby remix of 'Belong' released.

The results of the Hot 100 will be highly anticipated, therefore the February 8 edition of the Billboard Hot 100 will be posted tomorrow afternoon by 2PM EST.

May the odds be in each party's favor.

beysus likes this post

Venti
Venti
Admin
https://loonycal.forumotion.com

Mon May 31, 2021 7:10 pm
Experts Predict: Song of the Summer 2021

Billboard Ventithing

For most Americans Memorial Day is a chance to honor those who have given their lives for this country, but for giddy Billboard staff members it merely means they can finally begin tracking the Song of the Summer race. Bar a surprise last minute Lil Baby or Billie Eilish release, we have most likely already heard the song of the summer. Most iconic songs that ended up dominating the summer, such as Iggy Azalea's “Fancy” or Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines”, were released many months before Billboard’s official Song of the Summer tracking began. Based on early data, here are our top 5 contenders for the crown:

Spoiler:
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum